Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Passion Fruits = Healthy

I am passionate about Passion Fruit! Years ago for my Birthday, I received a magical passion fruit vine with fruit on it and from that day forward, I was hooked. Imagine my delight when I first saw the flowers. Ooh, are they are GORGEOUS! Here’s a picture of a passion flower, so you can see what I am talking about.

So not only are the flowers gorgeous, the fruit they produce is DIVINE. There’s this amazing sexy juice inside along with seeds and you just cut open one end and spoon it out. This is the fruit of the Gods and Goddesses for sure.

What does the amazing fruit look like?

Some look like this depending on the variety, there are two varieties of Passion Fruit, they may look different, but they taste about the same.

Why get excited and passionate about Passion Fruit?

Because the passion fruit contains potassium, phosphorus, calcium, vitamin C, flavonoids, antioxidants, and water!

What can I do with it besides just eat it with a spoon?

Use the juice to flavor drinks, fruit soups, dessert creams and custards.

How do I pick one out?

Go to the Farmer’s Market and select fruit that is heavy for its size, large, and plump. When ripe, it is fragrant with a shriveled, wrinkled shell that is rich in color.

What if I want to grow it like Angela does?

Here’s a neat site that tells you how to do just that!

Please let me know if you try it. I hope you get as passionate about passion fruit as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails