Wednesday, June 3, 2009

RAW Lifestyle Changes - Beyond just the food

RAW Lifestyle Changes - Beyond just the food
by John Kohler
Earth Day 2001

http://www.rawfoods.com/articles/beyondraw.html

I have become aware of many things on my "Raw Path".. This article is
here to share with you some of the non-food related changes I have made
in my lifestyle that complement my diet related path to optimize my
health, energy and well-being.

When I first went raw, I used all the "standard" products- i.e.:
toiletries (aquafresh toothpaste, paul mitchell shampoo, ivory soap,
edge shaving gel, etc.). I had no idea how bad these products were for
my health!

When becoming raw, and started to detox my body, I found that many of
these products contain some "nasty" ingredients, that I believe were not
good for my system.. After all I was suppose to be "de-toxifying".. and
without other lifestyle changes, I would "re-toxify" myself....
So why would I want to put all these toxins back into my body? Some of
the primary ingredients that I am now weary of: anything with alcohol,
sodium laurel sulfate, or any other "big words" I can't pronounce or
don't know what they are... I mean-- what is raw foods about anyway? Its
about getting back to nature, and eating simply- whole, uncooked and
minimally processed foods.

I believe that in life, we should reduce toxins in our environment such
as we do with our diet. (Minimally processed, and natural as possible
products.)

To read the full article: http://www.rawfoods.com/articles/beyondraw.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails