Saturday, July 18, 2009

13 Things You Couldn't Pay Me to Buy

13 Things You Couldn't Pay Me to Buy
Easy money-saving tips that will get you thinking thrifty…while still having fun.
by Jeff Yeager July 15, 2009
Link to full article below

Go ahead. Just try me. Send me a blank check (made payable to "Jeff Yeager, The Green Cheapskate") and see if I succumb to the social pressures to buy any of the following:

1. "Green" household cleaners - Do you know about baking soda and vinegar?

2. A suit that costs more than $200 - As Warren Buffett said, "I buy expensive suits. They just look cheap on me." And at a thrift store, $200 will buy you a closet full of suits.

3. A cell phone - Pay to ruin the quality of my life?

4. Bottled water - News Flash: Bottled water may be unsafe, and definitely a waste of money and resources. Hate to say it, but I told you so.

5. A riding lawn mower - The only thing wider than the expanse of your grass, is the expanse of your ... If you're going to have a lawn at all, at least mow it with a push mower.

To read the full article:
http://www.thedailygreen.com/living-green/blogs/save-money/how-to-save-money-460709?src=nl&mag=tdg&list=dgr

******************************************************
If you enjoyed this, would you please make a donation?
Even $1 or $5 helps us to serve you.


1 comment:

  1. Bravo!! That is great :) I have been teetering on the idea of some green cleaners, but in my mind I know baking soda does the trick! Do you buy it in bulk somewhere? There are some products I must have (my Topricin pain cream is one of them, because I do NOT want to rely on oral pain meds like acetaminophen!!!) and I just know I could not make them at home. Anyway- great perspective!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails