Monday, October 27, 2008

Recipe: Raw Smoothie - blueberry, banana, kale

Source: thebestofrawfood.com

Serves 2 Ingredients 2 bananas
2 tablespoons hulled hemp seed
1 bag of frozen blue berries
2.5 cups pure water
1 teaspoon super foods of choice
5 leafs of kale/lettuce or dandelion
Directions Put all ingredients in a high speed blender. Add enough water so that all ingredients are covered. Blend well. You may want to add a little more water if you like your smoothie thinner. This is a great way to add ( wild edibles) greens to your raw food diet. You won't even notice it. My 6 year old daughter and 1 year old son absolutely love it. My not raw husband loves it. I can easily give my daughter three of these drinks a day. Her friends love them too. And I feel great that I give my kids a smoothie full of important minerals, vitamins, healthy omega three fats, fiber, protein, enzymes, that is hydrating and easy to digest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails